Results-achieving Senior-level technology professional. Leveraging broad based experience in many aspects of Network and IT Support to deliver client focused and business centered results.
· Networking Technologies
· System Administration
· Messaging Ecosystem Design and Delivery
Talented relationship builder focused on the team while providing effective interaction with cross-functional clients and senior management.
· Award winning team member working with multiple teams on datacenter move
Ability to understand the key drivers of internal and external customers while delivering solutions based on effective root cause analysis.
· Disaster Recovery Planning & Implementation
Senior Information Systems Administrator
Jan 2015 - Jun 2016
Managed all areas of global email, messaging, collaboration, and computing platforms for 2,400+ users including domestic mobile phone service for over 350 users (iPhone, remote email calendaring and tethering). Supported all aspects of the global WebEx and Verizon audio conference bridge. Set standards for executive dashboard reporting and documentation including communications, computing, and storage systems.
- Led an initiative to re-platform the email environment from physical servers to VMware resulting in a 75% reduction in hardware cost, and an increase in uptime.
- Designed and implemented the conversion of the existing Lotus Notes mail system to Exchange/Outlook with no user interruptions and an increase in user satisfaction.
- Led initiative to research, evaluate, procure, and implement an advanced capability tool set designed to perform daily maintenance and reporting operations that resulted in an annual cost savings of $60K.
- Migrated 30TB of data from one data center to another one, with no user interruption and live active/passive hosts.
Apr 2005 - Jan 2015
Boeing Satellite Development Center
Planned, designed, and implemented collaboration environment, including the evaluation of computing hardware platforms, networks, and software elements. Provided technical expertise in current and proposed future computer hardware and software systems, maintaining broad understanding of technical principle, theories, and concepts in assigned areas. Provide team-wide program reporting and documentation creation and maintenance.
- Championed and developed a comprehensive Disaster Recovery Plan for corporate Domino environment, which resulted in a robust operation that allowed for business continuity in a 24x7 operations with 99.9 availability.
- Successfully led an IBM license renewal process to reduce the number of operational server licenses, resulting in an overall cost reduction of $150K annually.
- Provided IT leadership in the evaluation and implementation of an improved and more vigilant monitoring tool from GSX, significantly reducing operational downtime and allowing for 24 x 7 x 365 operational support without the need for additional headcount.
- Received Excellence Team award for complex datacenter relocation program involving engineering users, network and system administrators, and computer/facility organizations staff.
- Orchestrated the implementation of Web Single Sign-On (WSSO) solution for Domino utilizing IIS and Active Directive authentication, reducing help desk calls by 25% while increasing user satisfaction.
- Researched and proposed operational efficiency tools and other solutions to management in anticipation of future needs, based on current usage, targeting eventual cost savings.
- Represented DBA team in inter-organizational and outside customer weekly Change Board Meeting. Providing solutions to technical issues associated with implementing specific projects.
Domino System Administrator
Apr 1996 - Oct 2004
Jefferies & Company
Domino System Administrator
- Architected and implemented a new Domino infrastructure which provided 24 x 7 x 365 availability.
- Provided robust mentoring and training for three new domino administrators
Bachelor of Science, Computer Information Systems
DeVry Institute of Technology